Monday, July 18, 2016

Reaching Out

(April 1, 2016)- I have a knee injury (have to have surgery too), so I have trouble getting up and getting around the classroom. I spent a lot of the time today sitting and observing the teacher. I saw ways she interacts with students, and it was super beneficial. She also shared with me somethings she does with different students. She told me every week she will pick a couple different students and really reach out to them and show them love. She will write notes in the planners of the quiet kids to let them know she is aware of them. I think that is wonderful, making everyone feel important. I also got to spend some time helping one of the aides highlighting different modifications on worksheets for students with IEP's or those in the ELL program to help them pull out different bits of important information. It was a really great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment